Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Passionpolitan - A Cocktail Recipe from Sandra Lee

With Sandra Lee's announcement of her breast cancer diagnosis last week, I wanted to make a pink cocktail from her extensive library of drink recipes.  Last fall, I shared that I am a breast cancer survivor - 5/15/15 marks 2 years from the day that final drop of chemotherapy entered my body.  My first "clean" PET scan was in December 2013 and every scan since then has been clear.

I have been a fan of Sandra Lee for many years and while I know this is shocking news to her, I know she will fight hard and will get through this.  She is doing a great job of bringing awareness to the need for young women to ensure they are getting screened.

As I continue "Cocktail Month", I chose this Passionpolitan to make and share - mine didn't come out quite as pink as the photos on her website, but it was still delicious and ALL Sandra Lee! Lots of different alcohols in this mixture but it comes together beautifully.  After the first drink, we topped off the next one with some bubbly and named it The Forbbiden Punch.  This is a gorgeous drink, full of flavor, and perfect for the summer months.

Stay strong, Sandra Lee!  You've got this!!!


Passionpolitan
Makes 1 quart
Recipe from Sandra Lee

2 cups pineapple juice
2 cups cranberry juice
1/2 cup white tequila (Don Julio® Blanco, suggested)
1/2 cup vodka (CĂ®roc®, suggested)
1/2 cup passion fruit rum (Captain Morgan Parrott Bay® Passion Fruit, suggested)
1/2 cup gin (Tanqueray®, suggested)

Combine all ingredients in a large pitcher, serve over ice.  

No comments:

Post a Comment