Sunday, March 22, 2015

Visit to Babbo Italian Eatery

I get so excited when new restaurants open near our home!  Just recently, Babbo Italian Eatery’s Power Ranch location opened at the corner of Queen Creek and Power Road in the Safeway shopping center.  I took my boys to this family owned restaurant on one of the first nights it opened and we recently visited as a family for dinner.

This is a family friendly restaurant that also has an extensive menu, full of contemporary Italian dishes, from which to choose.    If you get there early, you can take advantage of their happy hour specials.  Babbo Italian Eatery features a decent wine list too.  The kids menu offers a good variety of Italian dishes at a reasonable price.  My boys are either pizza or spaghetti and meatballs kind of kids – they love it there. 


The first time I dined there I ordered the Pasta Puglia – this dish was delicious!  Their menu describes it as Fresh Tomato Brodo, Fresh Mozzarella, Italian Sausage topped with Fresh Basil and Shaved Parmesan – Served on Fusilli.  The key words in this description drew me in immediately!   It was awesome. 


More recently, I tried the Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Pancetta Pasta – I mean, c’mon, how can you go wrong with Brussels Sprouts – right?  This is a dish that includes Crisp Pancetta, Roasted Brussels Sprouts, and Red Pepper Flakes in a Garlic Butter Sauce.  It is served on Fettuccini and topped with Shaved Parmesan and Parsley.  Yes – that was straight from the menu, but is your mouth watering?  

   
  

There are a number of Babbo Italian Eatery locations around the Valley – to find out more, you can go to their website at www.babboitalian.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment