Saturday, March 7, 2015

Luc Pirlet Cabernet Sauvignon

Whenever I’m cruising through Total Wine, I always like to find one new wine that based on description (and price of course) I’m willing to try.  Recently, I discovered a 2013 Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon - Les Barriquesfrom Luc Pirlet, a winery located in southern France.   


While I’m on the brink of making the switch from reds to whites, it has still been “cool” enough in the Valley of the Sun to warrant my continued consumption of red wine.  As you can see in the picture, I broke out the “fancy” Waterford to enjoy this Cab.  This practice of mine is pretty common – no reason for that beautiful stemware to sit in the cabinet unused!

After opening this wine, I did let it breathe in the glasses for a bit – well, I was messing around with taking photos!  It opened up nicely and was quite delicious.  I decided to pair this red with sliced Parmesan cheese and some almonds.  Perfect. 

The description just below the bottle at Total Wine that drew my attention (along with the price tag of $9.99) read: “Milk chocolate and dark cherries abound with ripe tannins and integrated oak and spice flavors. The finish is pure velvet and lingers on for quite a long time. An elegant wine with nicely balanced tannins. Great for pot roast or grilled flank steak.”  I mean, really, how can you resist?

If you haven’t switched over to whites just yet, I’d recommend giving this Cabernet a try – it will be worth it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment