Monday, October 13, 2014

Bruschetta with Tomatoes, Arugula, and Burrata

As you may know, I recently purchased some Burrata, made a few different dishes with it, and now I am here to share the recipes and photos!

I put together this appetizer, fully knowing that I am not a huge fan of tomatoes - but - I need to start eating more foods that I don't usually eat, so added them to the dish.  Guess what?  I enjoyed them.

Any baguette type of bread will do, but Safeway had this Artisan Kalamata Olive Bread that looked delicious, so I tried it - and loved it!

This would also be good with a slice of fresh mozzarella instead of the burrata - I hope you'll try it and share back with me your thoughts!



Bruschetta with Tomatoes, Arugula, and Burrata
Serves 6-8 as an appetizer

1 loaf of baguette style bread - the kalamata olive loaf I used was wide, so cut the pieces in half
8 ounces of Burrata, sliced (one slice for each piece of bread)
Small bunch of arugula - stems removed
4 ounces of cherry tomatoes, sliced
Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar - for drizzling

Arrange the slices of bread on a large serving platter.  Layer the ingredients on the slices of bread with the Burrata first, then 1-2 leaves of arugula, then 3-4 slices of the cherry tomatoes.  Drizzle each piece with a little bit of extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

Serve immediately.


No comments:

Post a Comment