Sunday, June 1, 2014

Mini Ice Cream Sundaes

Summer is here and that means it’s time to cool off with ice cream!  This is quite possible one of the most favorite desserts for my boys – anything ice cream.  I have a few ice cream recipes on my blog that we have made together, but wanted to share this idea with you for mini ice cream sundaes.

Last fall, I came in 1st place at our neighborhood wine tasting event and won this awesome set of mini flare dessert dishes made by Libbey®.  There are 12 dishes and 12 tiny spoons – perfect.  I did a search and they seem to be pretty easy to find online or even at a store like Bed, Bath, and Beyond

To make this easy on myself at the time of serving these, I prepped them in advance.  You will need some freezer space, yes, I just told you to go clean out your freezer! 

I started by chilling the empty dishes for about an hour.  Then I added a scoop of ice cream to each, back to the freezer for an hour.  Next came some whipped cream (the kind out of a can) and then back into the freezer.  I had a few syrups so drizzled four with dark chocolate, four with strawberry, and four with caramel.  I think you know what the next step is.  Finally, I topped each with a maraschino cherry (I even bought the kind with the stems) and put back in the freezer until it was time to serve them. 

These are perfect for summer treats.  I have served these several times already and plan to mix it up the next time by using sorbets and garnishing with fresh fruit.

What are some of your family’s favorite summertime desserts?  



No comments:

Post a Comment