Monday, May 5, 2014

Mom's Favorite Margaritas - Happy Cinco de Mayo!

This is the 2nd week for “Cocktail Month” and Mother’s Day is also rapidly approaching.  So, I decided to ask my mom for her favorite cocktail to feature in this week’s column and she was happy to share.

Typically Mom is a wine or champagne drinker, but in the summertime, she also loves a good margarita with Mexican food.  My dad had a tried and true margarita recipe that he would always make and they are her favorite.  She was kind enough to share the recipe with me – I made it for friends, and they loved it. One of them even said, “Probably the best margarita I have ever had.  No joke.  Something to be said for family recipes vs. Pinterest recipes!!!”  I was happy to see all of my friends enjoying this concoction. 

Mom was even kind enough to take a photo of the recipe my dad taped inside of the liquor cabinet.  He used to use Mr. & Mrs.T Margarita mix, but then Costco stopped selling it so he started using their Kirkland Signature Classic Lime Margarita mix.  The Tequila?  Well, another item you an find at Costco, Hornitos Reposado Tequila.






Mom’s Favorite Margaritas
Serves 4
12 ounces Kirkland Non-Alcoholic Premium Margarita Mix – Classic Lime (available at Costco)
6 ounces Hornitos Reposado Tequila
4 ounces Triple Sec
4 ounces orange juice
Sliced limes (for garnish)

Combine all of the ingredients into a pitcher, stir to combine.  If desired (never done by my mom…..or dad – no salt on their margarita rims!) wet the rim of the glass and dip in salt.  Fill margarita glasses full with crushed ice.  Add margarita mixture and garnish with a slice of lime.

I certainly hope that you try this recipe for margaritas, it is certainly a favorite for Mom!  Once you do, please visit this post and leave a comment giving me your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment