Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Cruse Blanc De Blancs Extra Dry Sparkling Wine - Delicious and Reasonably Priced

It’s almost May; do you know what that means?  It’s Cocktail Month!  I did this last year for each of my columns in The Southeast Valley Ledger throughout the month of May and I plan to make it a tradition.  You'll see Cruse Extra Dry featured in this week's edition of The Ledger.  I know, it's not quite May yet, but what’s more fun than getting into the spirit of summer than talking about yummy sparklings, wines, and cocktails each week?

I’m kicking it off this year with a bubbly that is new to me. Cruse Blanc De Blancs Extra Dry Sparkling Wine was introduced to us by one of the experts at Total Wine and was a gem of a find.  This one is produced in France and is very easy on the palate.  I like my champagne extra dry – this one definitely meets expectations. 


What’s especially nice about this bubbly is that it is super easy on your wallet.  Coming in at $6.99 a bottle, this is one that is perfect for serving to your brunch crowd as well.  It pairs well with OJ for a morning mimosa and is delicious straight up too. 

During our annual Easter party this year, this was our go to champagne for our guests.   I don’t even want to know how many bottles of this we went through….the party started at 10:00 a.m. and the last guest departed at 10:00 p.m.…..it was an awesome day! 


You’ll want to try Cruse Extra Dry – a Brut and a Rose are also available, they may make their way into my cart the next time I visit Total Wine.  Once you do give it a try, I hope you’ll come back to this post and leave a comment telling me what you think!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment