Thursday, February 20, 2014

Easy Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip

Yes.  I know.  I tend to make a lot of buffalo chicken type recipes.  I can’t help it.  I’m addicted.  But, here is another one that is not only delicious, but super easy too.

A very good friend of mine occasionally makes this for our Couples Euchre nights and it is always devoured.  Our families met for lunch a couple of weeks ago and I was inspired to make a batch. 

This is very easy to make in a crockpot – and even easier if you buy a roasted chicken to shred.  You can also cook a couple of chicken breasts and shred as well. 


Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip
Serves 8-12 as an appetizer 

8 ounces cream cheese, softened (I used fat free)
1 cup ranch dressing (I used fat free)
1 cup buffalo chicken sauce (such as Frank’s)
2 cooked chicken breasts, shredded OR a roasted chicken, skin removed and meat shredded
Tortilla chips (the kind that scoop are good for this), for serving
Diced celery (optional)

Break up the cream cheese into chunks and add all of the ingredients into a crockpot.  Heat until cream cheese has melted and everything is combined.  Taste test – add more buffalo chicken sauce if desired.  Serve warm in the crockpot with tortilla chips.  As an option, you can add diced celery to the top of the chip after dipping for an added crunch.

1 comment: