Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Wine Themed Christmas Tree

This holiday season, I wanted to share the variety of Christmas trees that decorate our home this time of year.  Here's the first one - and religiously the first tree I work on each year. 

The idea behind this tree started in our first home.  Our lower level was complete with a tasting area and wine storage the size of a closet.  We had a skinny tree that was the perfect addition to the space.  Upon moving, we no longer had such a specific area dedicated to wine consumption!  But - it fits perfectly in the corner of our breakfast room.

We have collected cool wine ornaments over the years - some of them were sets that even came with wedges of cheese!  I even have a crystal wine glass ornament that came all the way from one of my favorite crystal manufacturer's - the Waterford store in Ireland (thanks Mom & Dad!) 

The rest of the tree is covered with lots of artificial grapes, berries, and raffia.  The tree skirt was an easy choice - we bought 3 yards of burlap, perfect!

Here are some photos - I hope I have inspired you!  Cheers!




No comments:

Post a Comment