Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Waffle Dippers

I have posted a couple of photos on Facebook regarding these - I love this pan!  My Sur La Table catalog arrived about a week before I was scheduled to take a cooking class there (perfect timing?  or coincidence?) when I saw this product, I knew I had to have it!

My family enjoys waffles, the hubby even has a gigantic waffle iron that makes 6 at a time, I liked the thought of this pan that you put in the oven to bake 18 cute, waffle dippers at once! 

For this recipe, you're going to need this pan:

 
From what I can tell, you can only purchase this pan through Sur La Table right now, I could be wrong - I haven't done extensive research, just some quick checks.  At $14.95, I was ready to purchase!
 
 
The packaging has the dippers dipped in chocolate, whipped cream, and sprinkles - I didn't show my boys the package.   I did tear off the recipe that was on the back of the package to make the waffle dippers.  A quick substitution of whole-wheat flour for the all-purpose flour and I was ready to go.  They were a great Saturday morning breakfast for my family!
 
Earlier this week I made two batches, one for us and one for my neighbor to try.  I kept them in a ziplock bag on the counter overnight.  These were for our "brinner" (breakfast for dinner) on Tuesday night so could heat up something quickly when we returned home from swim class.  Still just as tasty - my boys devoured all 18 between the two of them that night.   
 


Waffle Dippers
Makes 18
Recipe courtesy of Wilton

3/4 cup all-purpose flour (I used whole wheat)
3 tablespoons firmly-packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 egg
1 teaspoon Wilton pure vanilla extract
Syrup, for serving

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Prepare Waffle Dipper Pan with vegetable pan spray. 

In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.  IN another bowl, whisk together milk, butter, egg, and vanilla until well combined.  Pour into dry ingredients and whisk until batter is smooth.  Spoon mixture into pan, filling cavities 2/3 full. 

Bake 6-8 minutes or until pancakes spring back when lightly touched.  Cool 3 minutes; remove breakfast dippers from pan and serve immediately. 

6 comments:

  1. I use the recipe for normal pancakes, sometimes putting blueberries, strawberries or banana on each one. They taste deliciuous. I was looking for the recipe that came with the pan the other day and thank you for posting it 'cause I couldn't find it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Putting fruit in the waffle dippers is a great idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too couldn't find the recipe that it said to look for on the Wilton Waffle Dipper Pan. Looked everywhere for it. Sounds like this recipe will be good and I'm going to try it. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I'm glad you found it here! I hope it worked well for you - please note that I have a new site, you can now visit me at www.bubblyhostess.com. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. What other recipes would you use in this pan?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! You could make little brownies or cakes. A friend of mine made them into little mummies for Halloween. You can see that blog post here - this will also take you to my new site, thanks for stopping by! http://www.bubblyhostess.com/cupcakes/last-minute-halloween-treat-ideas-courtesy-of-the-bestie-2/

      Delete